Case Style: Teresa Coffman v. Peggy Clark
Case Number: CJ-2012-7250
Judge: Lisa T. Davis
Court: District Court, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
Defendant's Attorney: Lacy N. Boyles
Description: Teresa Coffman sued Peggy Clark on an auto negligence theory claiming:
1. On or about September 18, 2011, in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, the minor child was injured due to the negligence of the Defendant Peggy Clark.
2. As a result of the negligence of the Defendant, the minor Plaintiff required medical attention, and the minor Plaintiffs parent and next friend incurred certain expenses for the care of the minor Plaintiff.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays for judgment against the Defendant in an amount in excess of Ten Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($10,000.00).
Defendant appeared and answered as follows:
1. Defendant denies specifically and generally each and every allegation contained in Plaintiffs Petition and demands strict proof thereof
WHEREFORE, Defendant moves the court to dismiss Plaintiffs Petition.
Outcome: NOW on this 20th day of December , 2012, the Plaintiff, Teresa Coffman, appears in person, pro se; and the Defendant appears by and through attorney, Lacy N. Boyles, of the firm of MIDDLETON, NOWAKOWSKI & SMITH. ORDER APPROVING SETTLEMENT
1. The Court having reviewed the file and having heard testimony of witnesses sworn and having been fully apprised of the premises by the parties present, finds that the settlement amount of Nine Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-Eight Dollars and 63/Cents ($9,238.63), to be paid on behalf of the minor child, C.B., is fair and reasonable and in the best interest of the minor child and that Peggy Clark, should be released from further liability arising out of the events alleged in the above styled matter.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that the settlement amount of Nine Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-Eight Dollars and 63/Cents ($9,238.63) on behalf of the minor child, C.B., is hereby approved, and Peggy Clark is released from further liability to C.B. for any cause of action arising out of this accident.
ORDER FOR DEPOSIT[DISTRIBUTION OF SETTLEMENT PROCEEDS Pursuant to Title 12 O.S. §83 (1981), the Court orders:
2. Immediate payment is hereby authorized in the amount of $972.30, payable to Plaintiff Teresa Coffman. individually and as parent and next friend of C.B.. a minor and AETNA for payment of medical expenses incurred on behalf of the minor, C.B..
3. Immediate distribution is hereby authorized in the amount of $ I) )JLpayable to Plaintiff Teresa Coffman, individually and as parent and next friend of C.B.. a minor for reimbursement of medical expenses incurred on behalf of the minor, C.B..
4. Immediate distribution is hereby authorized in the amount of $ AJ/i+ , payable to Plaintiff Teresa Coffman individually and as parent and next friend of C.B., a minor and AJ/A for payment of medical expenses incurred on behalf of the minor, C.B.
5. The balance of the monies in the amount of $6,766.33 shall be deposited in a trust account at Tinker Federal Credit Union and shall only be withdrawn from said depository by order of the Court authorizing the withdrawal or upon the said minor child attaining eighteen years of age.
6. It is directed that Plaintiff Teresa Coffiiian shall have the responsibility of delivering a copy of this Order to the above-designated depository at the time the deposit is made.
7. This case is hereby transferred to the Probate Division of the District Court of Oklahoma County for supervision purposes.