Please E-mail suggested additions, comments and/or corrections to Kent@MoreLaw.Com.
Case Number: CF-2018-129
Judge: Hesse, Paul
Court: In the District Court in and for Canadian County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Canadian County District Attorney’s Office, El Reno, Oklahoma
Description: El Reno, Oklahoma engaging in commercial gambling charge criminal defense lawyer represented Defendant, charged with:
Count # 1. Count as Filed: GAMB, ENGAGING IN COMMERCIAL GAMBLING, in violation of 21 O.S. 982
Date of Offense: 01/30/2017
Party Name Disposition Information
LAHTI, TERRY LEE Disposed: DEFERRED, 03/10/2021. Guilty Plea
Count as Disposed: ENGAGING IN COMMERCIAL GAMBLING (GAMB)
Violation of 21 O.S. 982
A. Commercial gambling is:
1. Operating or receiving all or part of the earnings of a gambling place;
2. Receiving, recording or forwarding bets or offers to bet or, with intent to receive, record or forward bets or offers to bet, possessing facilities to do so;
3. For gain, becoming a custodian of anything of value bet or offered to be bet;
4. Conducting a lottery or with intent to conduct a lottery possessing facilities to do so;
5. Setting up for use or collecting the proceeds of any gambling device; or
6. Alone or with others, owning, controlling, managing or financing a gambling business.
B. Any person found guilty of commercial gambling shall be guilty of a felony and punished by imprisonment for not more than ten (10) years or a fine of not more than Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Outcome: 03-09-2021 CTFREE
CRT MIN. DEFT APPEARED WITH ATTORNEY, WILLIAM PIERCE FOR MIKE ARNETT, FOR ENTRY OF A PLEA. COURT REPORTER WAS BRIANNE EVANS. A COMPLETED PLEA OF GUILTY SUMMARY OF FACTS FORM WAS SUBMITTED TO THE COURT BY THE DEFT. DEFT WAS SWORN AND WAIVED HIS RIGHT TO A TRIAL AFTER BEING ADVISED OF HIS RIGHTS AND THE PENALTY RANGE. DEFT ENTERED A PLEA OF GUILTY TO THE FELONY OFFENSE OF ENGAGING IN COMMERCIAL GAMBLING. COURT ACCEPTED THE DEFTS PLEA AND FOUND HIM GUILTY. PURSUANT TO A PLEA AGREEMENT, SENTENCING WAS DEFERRED UNTIL 03-09-2026 AND HE WAS ORDERED TO PAY A $200.00 FINE AND $200.00 VCA. DEFT TO BE SUPERVISED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS. DEFT WAS ADVISED OF HIS APPEAL RIGHTS AND A RULE 8 ORDER WAS EXECUTED. JUDGE PAUL HESSE
5 YEAR DEFERRED SENTENCE
1 LAHTI, TERRY LEE