Case Style: Brandon LeMaster v. Lisa Rogers
Case Number: CJ-2012-397
Judge: Gary E. Miller
Court: District Court, Canadian County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Pro se
Defendant's Attorney: Linette E. Wright, Angela D. Ailles & Associates, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Description: Plaintiffs, Brandon Lemaster and Ashley Lemaster, both Individually and as Parents and Next Friends of Kelsey Lemaster, a minor, for her cause of action against Defendant, Lisa Rogers, allege and state:
1. Brandon Lemaster and Ashley Lemaster are the Parents of Kelsey Lemaster, and are bringing this cause of action individually and on behalf of Kelsey Lemaster. The Plaintiffs are residents of Canadian County.
2. On or about September 19, 2011, Kelsey Lemaster was involved in an automobile accident which resulted in bodily injury caused as a result of the negligence of Lisa Rogers.
3. As a direct result of the negligence of Lisa Rogers, the minor Plaintiff suffered injuries. In addition, the Plaintiffs, Brandon Lemaster and Ashley Lemaster, are obligated to pay medical expenses incurred to date by the minor Plaintiff and will incur additional medical expenses in the future.
4. Defendant has offered to settle this matter for Six Thousand Four Hundred Eighty-Six and No/100 Dollars ($6,486.00) and Plaintiff Parents have agreed to the settlement in consideration for dismissing this lawsuit with prejudice and executing a full and final release of all claims.
5. Plaintiff Parents have considered and evaluated the pertinent facts regarding this incident and the injuries incurred, and believe that the proposed settlement is in the best interests of the minor(s), and fully understands that once the compromised settlement is approved by this Court and consummated, Plaintiffs will be forever barred from seeking further recovery from the Defendant, even though the injuries might be worse or more serious in the future than now believed.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs, Brandon Lemaster and Ashley Lemaster, Individually and as Parents and Next Friends of Kelsey Lemaster, a minor, pray for judgment against Defendant, Lisa Rogers, in an amount of Six Thousand Four Hundred Eighty-Six and No/100 Dollars ($6,486.00).
Outcome: Settled for $6,486.00.