Case Style: Ricky Rentie v. Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company
Case Number: CJ-2012-2836
Judge: Mark Barcus
Court: District Court, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Donald E. Smolen, Smolen & Smith, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Description: COMES NOW the Plaintiff, RICKY RENTIE, and for his cause of action against the Defendant, ALLSTATE PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY, alleges and states as follows:
1. That the Plaintiff is a resident of Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma; and, that Defendant,
ALLSTATE PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY, is an insurance company
organized and existing under the laws of Illinois and doing business in the State of Oklahoma. That the complaint alleged herein occurred in Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma, and that this Court has jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter herein.
FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION
2. On January 11,2012, on 1244, approximately 1 mile East of its intersection with US75 in the City of Tulsa, State of Oklahoma, an unknown hit and run driver, negligently forced the vehicle being operated by Plaintiff, PICKY RENTIE, off the roadway.
3. As a result of the negligence of said hit and run driver, Plaintiff, RICKY RENTIE, was injured and his injuries are permanent, painful and progressive, When injured, Plaintiff, RICKY RENTIE, was 53 years of age with a life expectancy of 22.1 more years according to the U. S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2003.
4. As a result of the injuries, Plaintiff, lUCKY RENTIE, has and will incur medical expenses and has and will suffer pain of mind and body.
5. That, at the time of the collision, ALLSTATE PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY had a policy of insurance on a 2003 Honda Accord automobile owned by the Plaintiff, RICKY RENTIE, that had uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage in the amount of FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($50,000.00) per person and ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000.00) per accident.
The policy number is 91563769512/01. Plaintiff is entitled to recover from ALLSTATE PROPERTY AN]) CASUALTY iNSURANCE COMPANY on the policy of insurance in the amount of $50,000.00.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays for judgment against the Defendant, ALLSTATE PROPERTY AM) CASUALTY iNSURANCE COMPANY, in the amount of $50,000.00 for personal injuries, together with the costs of this action.
Outcome: Settled and dismissed with prejudice.