Case Style: Lashauna Harris v. Kimberly Danielle Twilling
Case Number: CJ-2012-2703
Judge: Mary Fitzgerald
Court: District Court, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: J. Gregory Lafevers, Lafevers Law Firm, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Defendant's Attorney: Erik S. Houghton, Steven Crittenden Law Office, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Description: COMES NOW the Plaintiff, Lashauna Harris, in her capacity as parent and next friend of the minor, Gemahri Price and the Defendant, Kimberly Twilling, and make joint application to this Court for an Order approving settlement among the parties and for an order dismissing with prejudice the claims of Plaintiff. In support of their Application, the parties stipulate as follows:
1 This action arises out of an incident that occurred on Sunday, September 12, 2010, in the State of Oklahoma.
2. Plaintiff Lashauna Harris is the parent and next friend of minor Gemabri Price.
3. As a result of the incident referred to in Paragraph 1, the minor, Gemahri Price, claims injury requiring medical treatment which resulted in medical expenses for which Plaintiff Lashauna Harris, individually, and as parent and next friend of the minor, is personally responsible.
4. Plaintiff Lashauna Han-is has entered into a settlement agreement with the Defendant in the amount of $17,863.00, in return for Plathtiffâ€™s agreement to forever release this Defendant from any and all claims arising out of the accident of Sunday, September 12, 2010.
5. It is specifically understood between the parties to this settlement agreement that the settlement made by or on behalf of this Defendant is not an admission of liability on the part of the Defendant, but said settlement is merely paid in compromise of a disputed claim in order to avoid litigation.
6. The parties to this settlement agreement state that the settlement agreement is entered into of their own free will and that they believe the settlement to be fair and just.
7. Because the proposed settlement includes the settlement of the claims made on behalf of the minor, it is necessary to obtain the Courtâ€™s approval.
WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff, and said Defendant, respectfully request this Court to approve the settlement agreement as set forth in the above paragraphs between Plaintiff and Defendant and further respectfhlly request the court to order the claims of the Plaintiff dismissed with prejudice.
Outcome: Settled for $17,863.00 and dismissed with prejudice.
This looks pretty good. I think the only addition should be that we had previously collected Farmers $25,000 limits, which was the subject of a previous friendly suit, which you probably previously reported under another case number.
It's been a while â€“ hope you've been well.