Case Style: Donald Edwards v. Ryan Bartton
Case Number: CJ-2012-1412
Judge: Daman H. Cantrell
Court: District Court, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
Plaintiff's Attorney: Trevor Joseph Furlong, The Edwards Law Firm, McAlester, Oklahoma
Defendant's Attorney: Jon D. Starr, McGivern & Gillard, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Description: COMES NOW the Plaintiff, Donald Edwards, Personal Representative of the Estate of Norma Edwards, and for his cause of action against Defendant, Ryan Bratton, alleges and states:
1. Plaintiff, Donald Edwards, Personal Representative of the Estate of Norma Edwards, is a resident of Tulsa, Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma.
2. Defendant, Ryan Bratton, is a resident of Tulsa, Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma.
3. This Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter and parties to this action.
4. On or about January 6, 2012, Norma Edwards, decedent, was traveling West Bound on Interstate 44 in her 1999 Toyota Camry when she stopped due to construction and traffic conditions. The Defendant, Ryan Bratton was also traveling West Bound on Interstate 44 in his 2000 GMC truck when he negligently failed to stop for the traffic and hit Norma Edwardsâ€™s vehicle from behind forcing her vehicle into a concrete barrier thus resulting in the death of Mrs. Edwards,
5. The aforementioned automobile collision took place in Tulsa County.
6. The incident heretofore mentioned in the preceding paragraph of this Petition was caused by the negligence of Defendant Ryan Bratton.
7. As a result of Defendantsâ€™ negligence, Donald Edwards, Personal Representative of the Estate of Norma Edwards suffered and will suffer mental pain, incurred and will incur medical expenses, lost wages, property damage and punitive damages.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays for judgment against both Defendants, each in an amount in excess $75,000.00.
The defendant did not file an answer.
Outcome: Come Now the Plaintiff, Donald Edwards, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Norma Edwards, deceased, and hereby stipulates that the above captioned cause, and all claims asserted therein is hereby dismissed with prejudice.